Special Session on Smart Cities
Smart Cities (also sometimes referred also as Digital Cities or Intelligent Cities) is the natural evolution of current smart ICT based on context-aware services. This area has made good progress in recent years, however the challenges are so many and so diverse they will require extensive research and validation before they can become a standard way of conceiving urban development. We are particularly interested in reports of innovation and research progress related to smart infrastructure and the relation between those services and citizens. Selected accepted contributions will also be considered for a forthcoming edited book in this topic.
Examples of areas of specific interest for this Special Session are:
- Smart City design and development methodologies
- Sensing and IoT to support Smart Cities services
- Environmental monitoring
- Big data for Smart Cities
- Smarter communities
- Security, safety and privacy for Smart Cities
- Applications: transportation, water, grids, health, emergencies, education, governance, etc.
Deadline for paper submission is the same as for the main conference. Just when uploading your paper to the conference submission system please select the "Special Session on Smart Cities" option.
- Conference Paper Submission: January 15, 2019
- Paper Acceptance Notification: March 15, 2019
- Camera-Ready Papers Due: April 15, 2019
For any request regarding the special sessions, please contact the special sessions organizer:
Prof. Juan Carlos Augusto
Department of Computer Science, Faculty of Science and Technology,
Middlesex University, London, UK