Call for papers
Intelligent Environments (IE) refer to physical spaces in which IT and other pervasive computing technology are woven and used to achieve specific goals for the user, the environment or both. IEs have the ultimate objective of enriching user experience, better manage, and increase user awareness of that environment. The 15th International Conference on Intelligent Environments (IE’19) will be held at the city of Rabat, the capital and one of the imperial cities of Morocco.
The conference provides a multidisciplinary collaborative forum for researchers and practitioners from Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Building Architecture, Art & Design, Sociology, Government and Education to present theoretical and practical results related to the development and applications of Intelligent Environments. The event will include regular full/short papers as well as a Doctoral Colloquium, a Posters Session and Demos & Videos Session.
As in previous editions, a number of workshops will complement the main conference program. Papers accepted in any of the workshops sponsored by this conference will be included in one Proceedings volume that will collect the contributions in all workshops. See Workshops for more details.
All papers accepted in the main conference will be published in an indexed proceedings (currently in negotiation with IEEE, as in previous editions). All papers accepted in the Workshops program will be published as a volume of the Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments Series (CPCI indexed) of IOS Press and electronically available through ACM Digital Library.
This will be a networking event and an opportunity for the business sector to showcase their innovation.
For this edition we will include a number of tutorials by well-known colleagues on important topics:
- The Automation of Everything era, by H. Khyati
- Wireless Communications with Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs): from Wi-Fi to 5G, by E. Vinogradov & S. Pollin
- Design and Analysis of IoT Communication Systems, by F. Falcone
- Fundamentals of indoor location for smart environments applications, by O. Belmonte-Fernández
- Smart Environments Architecture (SEARCH), by J. C. Augusto
- Hands-on Process Mining for Smart Environments, by M. Mecella and F. Leotta
- Rapid prototyping large-scale Internet of Things applications, by J. Chin
More information could be found here.
A number of journal issues will be published encompassing core areas of the event, such as Sensors-MDPI. More details in relation with Special Issues can be found here.
Selected topics will qualify to be considered as special tracks organized by members from our scientific community. More details are available here.
These will recognize the best Full Paper, Short Paper, Doctoral Colloquium (DC) paper, Demo and Video.
The conference will include keynote lectures the following distinguished speakers:
- Prof. David Atienza, EPFL, Switzerland
- Dr. Abderrahim Labbi, IBM Research, Switzerland
- Prof. Keiichi Yasumoto, NAIST, Japan
We invite the submission of original and unpublished technical papers on topics including but not limited to:
- Ambient intelligence
- Smart buildings
- Ubiquitous/Pervasive computing
- Smart educational technology
- Context awareness
- Sustainable design
- Smart cities
- Wireless sensor networks
- Artificial intelligence
- Virtual/Mixed reality
- Computational intelligence
- Mobile computing
- Architecture and interaction design
- Design and reliability of systems
Paper Inclusion in IEEE Xplore
Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings with an IEEE catalog number and ISBN number. The proceedings will be submitted for possible publication in IEEE Xplore and indexing by EI Compendex.
- Conference Dates: June 24-27, 2019
- Conference Paper Submission: January 15, 2019 January 31, 2019
- Conference Acceptance Notifiction Submission: March 15, 2019 March 18, 2019
- Conference Camera-Ready Papers Due: April 15, 2019
- Workshops Paper Submission: March 25, 2019
- Communication of results from Workshops: April 25, 2019
- Workshops papers final versions: May 1, 2019
- Early Bird registration: May 15, 2019